Job provided by Vision for Education
Share this job on social:
About the job
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for Bank Special Needs Classroom Assistants within Middlesbrough and the surrounding areas.
Here at Vision for Education we offer excellent rates of pay in the area to ensure we place the right people in the right schools. We also offer free CPD courses including Team Teach.
It is this philosophy that is helping us to rapidly build and maintain relationships between ourselves, our staff, and the schools we work with.
We are looking for people who can react and adapt quickly to challenging behaviours and situations in a professional manner. As well as units for behaviour issues, we also work in schools for children with varying degrees of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD).Experience is preferred but not essential as our main focus is to find the type of person that can be a positive influence and calming presence in what is sometimes a difficult environment
Your duties would depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but would usually involve:
- Helping with schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
- Preparing learning materials
- Encouraging children to be confident and independent
- Helping children understand instructions carrying out a child's care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- Encouraging children to communicate
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Supporting children during social activities and outings
- Helping children during therapy sessions
- Recognising when children are upset and comforting them looking after children's physical needs
If you're interested please send a comprehensive CV across to #####@######.### or call ##### ###### for more details.