Job provided by Shirley Parsons
Share this job on social:
About the job
An opportunity has arisen for a QA Engineer to join a global construction and civil engineering company to work on a large power and civil engineering project based in Cumbria. The ideal candidate will have strong experience working on construction projects and leading a full life-cycle project.
The role is a key part of the quality management structure development focusing on delivering compliance with the installation and supply chain requirements. This is an important role in relation to supporting a project in achieving its overall aims. The delivery of strong quality management is a fundamental aspect of many of the projects delivered. The post holder should ensure they have a good understanding of the client's requirements and expectations and ensure these are delivered in a cost-effective manner.
As part of the project team it is expected the post holder will communicate with all involved in the project to ensure information, knowledge and learning is effectively shared both internally and when appropriate externally.
The post holder will be very much hands' on in ensuring the initial focal point providing knowledge and guidance on all matter's quality related. Key aspects of the role include;
- To establish minimum inspection and test criteria for all products and services and communicate these across the installation team and supply chain.
- Carry out inspections of the installed works.
- Witness inspections and tests in the supply chain.
- Produce, review and approve internal and external quality documentation.
- Implement the established compliance regime and project specific requirements.
- Liaison with client quality representatives where necessary in order to support and achieve product acceptance and handover.
- Witness inspections and tests at supplier premises to ensure product and project compliance.
- Release products from suppliers ensuring project requirements are met including LTR package acceptance.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining standard operating procedures for use by the local installation team.
- Establish minimum inspection and test criteria for all products and services and communicate these across the installation team. These requirements to be implemented ensuring project specific requirements are met at all times.
- Manage and conduct inspections and tests during installation, generating appropriate records and, final sign-off / handover of the completed installation.
- Manage and witness inspection and test for associated equipment at the supplier's premises.
- Provide support and training for managing and conducting inspections and tests during the installation.
- Skills Certification Scheme (SCS) card holder
- Detailed knowledge of quality, health and safety standards and industry specifications for ductwork construction and associated ventilation equipment.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of commonly used inspection and test techniques including QA/QC knowledge and managing the handover process.
- Auditor / Lead Auditor Qualified.
- UK security clearance including disclosure Scotland (baseline minimum).
- The ability to communicate at all levels of the company, both internally and externally including suppliers, sub-contractors and clients resolving issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Reporting operationally on a day-to-day basis to local project management with direct reporting to the Lead Quality Manager.
- Direct communications with clients and suppliers.