Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Key Account Manager
Location: Field based role with travel UK wide
Our client is a world leader in the design and development of test equipment, used by utility companies, to help install, protect and maintain their infrastructure networks. With a truly global presence and a team of dedicated experts, they are at the forefront of detection technology.
About the Key Account Manager role:
As a key member of the team from day one you will have the opportunity to be involved in supporting their key accountants and assist with their continued growth. This roles primary focus is to drive the delivery of the annual sales and market development objectives (KPIs/Initiatives). To work closely with the National Sales Manager and ASMs to ensure that strategic business growth objectives are met. The role will be varied and will encompass all aspects of the UK sales and marketing business cycle. On top of the basic salary this role is offering a competitive bonus and an excellent benefits package.
Responsibilities of the key Account Manager:
- To work with the UK Sales Teams to identify, appoint and support new customers and accounts.
- Manage & support existing accounts (Key Accounts) to ensure continued revenue growth
- To drive regional lead generation; leading, developing and implementing the UK Marcom plans
- Working with the UK Sales Team to ensure that we have consistent sales plans in place, and to then monitor the implementation of these through the year
- To support the drive for improved sales team efficiency through the roll out of CRM, and the delivery of sales performance dashboards
- To work with the NSM and the wider marketing team in the development of annual Strat Plans, AOP etc.
- Act as the deputy to the NSM, cover where the NSM is on leave, or has left the business
Requirements of the Key Account Manager:
- Extensive Business Development sales and marketing experience
- Experience of managing & supporting Key Accounts
- Good understanding of the principles and practical implementation of marketing plans
- Understanding and experience of business strategy development, planning and implementation
- Able to both build and implement sales plans
- Able to identify suitable customers or industries, secure partnership agreements and provide on-going mentoring and support
- Ability to manage the delivery of business initiatives taking a project management style approach
- Familiar with CRM packages and a natural advocate for their use
- Able to present well at all levels, a fluent spoken and written communicator
- Ability to analyse data and to draw conclusions (recommend a course of action) based on the data produced
- A creative thinker that is able to suggest strategies and tactics outside of the current methods of operating
- Able to manage and influence a senior team in a matrix/dotted line reporting structure
- Formal sales and marketing training (or with experience of a structured sales and marketing approach to business)
- IT literate with a good understanding of all the usual Office systems, as well as CRM
- A degree level qualification, or equivalent work experience
- A good understanding and experience of multi-channel B2B businesses sales and marketing. Experience of both direct and in-direct sales channels
- A good understanding of general commercial trading terms and conditions
- Related industry experience, particularly in the supply of products to utility companies and their related contractors and service providers. Otherwise construction industry, plant and equipment and- general industrial supply are all useful.
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and training
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the key Account Manager, then please apply now!