Job provided by FastTrack Management
Share this job on social:
About the job
My client is a nationally operating Fit Out and bespoke joinery installation contractor based in Huddersfield that has been providing their services to clients nationwide for over 30 years. As a result of continued growth, they are now looking to add an experienced Quantity Surveyor to their commercial team.
This client predominantly subcontracts from Tier 1 Main Contractors on projects in the Commercial, Healthcare, and Education sectors both locally in Yorkshire and Nationally across the whole UK. As such the successful candidate with be comfortable negotiating with both supply only subcontractors and the commercial teams from the Tier 1 Main Contractors to ensure the projects are delivered to a high standard and as profitable as possible.
As a Quantity Surveyor for this Huddersfield based Joinery Sub Contractor, you will be expected to perform day to day duties such as:
- Control of subcontract and materials ordering/procurement including payments and payless notices.
- Responsible for estimating services providing detailed measures, including Bill of Quantities production
- Management of sub-contract packages on projects in a timely manner protecting the company`s contractual position
- Measurements, valuations, and agreement of work sections
- Submission of accurate and timely payment applications, and chasing payment certificates and outstanding payments, working closely with our accounts department.
- Ability to identify areas of overspend, waste and commercial risk, and be able to produce feasibility studies and cost plans
- Production of accurate internal cost reporting, in addition to producing final accounts, and extension of time claims
- Working closely with the production department, able to advise on commercial risks and opportunities within projects
- Price tender submissions
- Meet clients and attend site meetings to review and discuss work carried out + Supply Chain control
The successful candidate for this role will be a degree qualified Quantity Surveyor based in or commutable to Huddersfield from a subcontracting background with experience working on projects with values ranging from £500k-£5m.
If you feel that you match the criteria set out above, please apply with an up to date copy of your CV.