Job provided by Web Recruit
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Gamechanger Navigator (Fixed Term Contract)
Redruth (office/field based, covering St Austell and Redruth)
Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change (CN4C) is a charity and a social enterprise which aims to transform the quality of life for people, places and communities.
We’ve been around since 2001 and are focused on affecting change that will make lives better, make Cornwall fairer and combat inequality and injustice.
We’re now looking for a Gamechanger Navigator to join our team and support young people between the ages of 15 and 24 to get a foothold in the workplace or get back into education. This role operates on a fixed term contract until the 30th November 2019 and has the potential to continue if funding can be obtained.
- Salary of £21,000 pro rata
- The chance to make a difference to Cornish young people
This is an incredible opportunity for a youth worker with experience of working with disadvantaged and marginalised communities to take on a new challenge delivering an incredible programme to get young people in Cornwall back into work.
You’ll be playing a vital role in enabling young people in and around St Austell and Redruth to get into jobs that they enjoy and can thrive within.
What’s more, if you make a success of the programme, you will find that further funding may become available that would extend your contract and your future prospects.
As a Gamechanger Navigator, you will be tasked with engaging with young people aged between 15 and 24 who are unemployed or not in education. You will support them to get into work or education and to maximise their future.
The Gamechanger Programme is an EU funded initiative for the people of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to receive personalised support to get them into jobs that they will enjoy.
Specifically, you will provide an initial assessment of each candidate and will then manage their journey throughout the programme to enable successful outcomes.
Your role will also include:
- Linking young people with taster sessions across the county to give them experience in various employment fields
- Supporting young people through assessment, action planning and reviews
- Delivering progression routes for young people from the programme into education, training and employment
- Communicating the benefits of the Gamechanger programme to young people, their families and other stakeholders
- Providing one case study per month to support the programme
- Working flexibly including evenings and weekends
To be considered as a Gamechanger Navigator, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of working with young people
- Experience of working with disadvantaged and socially excluded communities
- At a minimum, a Level 2 Safeguarding certification and PREVENT training
- Literacy and numeracy at GCSE (or equivalent) standard
- A Youth Work qualification or equivalent.
- An NVQ4 (or equivalent) in Advice and Guidance or willing to undertake
- PTLLS or equivalent, or willing to undertake
- Good computer skills
- Flexible approach and willingness to work outside normal working hours
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- The willingness to undergo a DBS check
A Basic Food Hygiene certificate would be beneficial to your application, as would a basic Health and Safety qualification. Experience of liaising with employers would be advantageous, as would an understanding of the local labour market.
Geographical knowledge of Cornwall would be equally favourable, as would the ability to arrange and deliver training. Understanding of the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector is also desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Gamechanger Navigator, Social Worker, Youth Worker, Youth Advisor, Youth Mentor, Youth Project Worker, Youth Officer, Project Officer, or Youth Programme Officer.
The closing date for this role is the 8th March 2019. Interviews are scheduled for the 15th March 2019.
Webrecruit and CN4C are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are a looking for an amazing new challenge as a Gamechanger Navigator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.