Job provided by Zoek
Share this job on social:
About the job
PLEASE NOTE: This is a temporary position, but for the right candidate there may be an opportunity for it to be extended beyond the initial three month period. Please only apply for this position if you have the relevant experience for the role (and please talk about this in your covering letter) and you are available to work for the advertised period.
At London Met we use a range of social media channels to engage prospective students and other stakeholders. Amongst these are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and forums like The Student Room, and we're looking to explore new channels (for example Snapchat).
Our channels are managed by the marketing team and a student ambassador. We're looking to add to this resource with a candidate with demonstrable experience of driving up engagement and managing multiple, busy channels for organisations in the educational / cultural sectors. The work will be based in our Holloway Road office in Islington.
The post holder will drive engagement on the University's main social media channels with creative posts and capitalise on opportunities to engage our audiences in two way conversation. You will work closely with our existing social media student ambassador, and be expected to liaise with colleagues across the organisation and our other social media contributors through our Social Media Contributors Group (a group we established for departments or teams across the University who are running their own social media accounts).
Through effective use of our social media management tool, the post holder will utilise an eye for detail and impeccable written English to produce posts of high quality. You will need to have a creative outlook, and be able to spot opportunities for us to engage in conversations even where our account has not been mentioned directly (particularly on Twitter and The Student Room).
Writing persuasively, and with a good sense of content that will get high levels of engagement, the post holder will ensure prospective students have all the information they need to choose to apply to London Metropolitan University.
QualificationsA bachelor's degree, preferably including a marketing, communications, web, or design element, or equivalent professional working experience.
Skills1. Relevant experience:
- Experience of managing multiple, busy social media channels for organisations in the educational or cultural sector
- Experience of writing copy as part of a marketing role
- Experience of using social media management tools (like Hootsuite) to schedule posts and monitor social media conversation
- Experience of reporting on social media impact
- Experience working in a busy marketing team / environment
- General and special knowledge:
- Knowledge of best practice when writing copy for social media and the web, including a good understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Some knowledge of the Higher Education (HE) sector
- Skills and abilities:
- Impeccable writing and proofreading skills
- Exceptional computing and IT skills across standard packages (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Able to use social media mangement tools, Content Management Systems and databases at a high level
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills including the ability to time manage, prioritise and work under pressure
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet agreed objectives on own initiative