Job provided by Workvine
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
I am a young adult man with learning disabilities, living with my Mum in Builth Wells. I have problems with my health and I am looking to employ a PA to support me to go out into the community.
PURPOSE OF JOB
I receive Direct Payments to employ person(s) to assist with this support. The work would be varied and would consist of assisting with some home tasks, activities and interests. This work must be on a 1-1 basis, to develop my independent living skills, access meaningful occupation and develop my presence within the local and wider community.
Duties would include:
- Support me with trips out of the home including visits to the cinema, bowling and museums.
- Assist me to identify new activities that I can participate in.
- Help me to understand money and the concept of change
- Support me with trips out to the Rugby or Football.
- Take me out for walks and coffee.
- Play lego with me.
- Support and encourage my independence and preserve my personal sense of well-being.
- To ensure I am able to fully express my individuality and determine for myself choices around Direct Payments.
- To assist in the maintenance of independent living and so provide me with a greater range of opportunities to enhance my lifestyle.
5 hours per week, days and times by mutual agreement, can be split over several days.
£8.50 per hour.
Though a part-time job, this will be a proper job requiring a National Insurance number to be submitted. I will be your employer. A trial period will be necessary in the first instance. The wage will be paid 4 weekly on return of a payslip provided by People Plus Payroll Services. A formal Contract of Employment will be provided.
References will be required.
- Working with me on a 1 – 1 basis.
- Assistance with social interaction.
- Support with helping me identify new hobbies.
- Assisting to help me carry out my existing hobbies and pastimes.
- Accompanying me to various places recreationally.
- Support in community based activities.
- Excursions, for example, local attractions etc.
- Other reasonable tasks required during the hours. TYPE OF PERSON REQUIRED
- Male or female.
- A person being willing and creative to assist in planning and assisting in all types of activities.
- A person who is dependable and arrives on time.
- A person who respects the privacy and confidentiality of working in someone else’s home.
- A person who is laid back and flexible, with a good sense of humour.
- A person with a positive commitment to this kind of work.
- A person with a friendly, easy-going manner.
- A car owner driver.
- Someone who could provide extra hours on occasions would be an advantage.
- Persons who are looking for a long term commitment to remain in this job, to build a good professional relationship with me.
- Persons who find the regular times suitable to their lifestyle.This job would require the use of your own vehicle during working hours, taking me out in your car to various locations. Mileage expenses will be paid, subject to prior agreement and limits. A Note from PeoplePlus;
- Please note that this advert has been placed on behalf of one of our clients. Should your application be successful and you are offered the position, you will be directly employed by our client and not by People Plus.