Job provided by Girling Jones
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
We are looking for a Buyer for a civils and groundworks contractor to join a busy and thriving office in South of Bristol. You will play an integral part in the business supporting the commercial and operational teams working in a highly regarded specialist contracting business delivering projects predominantly in the residential housing sector.
You will be working with a vastly experienced team, with a significant amount of repeat business, and with strong relationships across suppliers and subcontractors. The skill in being successful in this role is understanding price and quantities whilst working as part of a collaborative team. Responsibilities will include;
- Improving service level agreements with suppliers and internal departments
- Reviewing SubContractor and Material quotations and making subsequent recommendations
- Negotiating with suppliers and raising orders ensuring relevant technical and commercial details are included
- Progressing the provision of materials and services to meet contract programmes and deadlines
- Obtaining quotations for materials and plant to tight deadlines to meet key project milestone dates
Were looking for an experienced buyer working for a civils, earth and groundworks contractor ideally in a similar sector with a good working knowledge of associated forms of contract (NEC). In return the contractor is offering a competitive salary of up to £50K + package and industry leading pension. Contact me for more details on ##### ###### or
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.