Job provided by Kingdom Services Group Limited
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Amazing opportunity to progress your career joining a large public sector service as a Temporary Senior Financial Oficer (SFO).
Working Mon-Fri (37 hrs) 9am-5pm
Hourly rate of £14.63ph (pro-rata £28,148 per anum)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the post is to assist the Financial Services Team to provide financial advice and assistance on all aspects of financial activity, with a greater emphasis on Work Services finance functions, from initial draft budget preparation to the completion of final accounts for audit.
The main responsibilities of the Financial Services team include:
Co-ordination and preparation of the revenue and capital budgets for General Fund and Account activity.
Co-ordination and reporting on revenue and capital budget monitoring.
Completion of year-end accounts for capital and revenue for both the General Fund and the Revenue Account and
- Production of statement of Accounts, including all the Whole Accounts.
- Providing financial expertise for and attending various officer working parties and Committee meetings.
- Providing budget advice and assistance on finance related matters.
- Co-ordination and completion of statutory and non-statutory returns.
- Co-ordination and calculation of the tax amount, including preparing the information.
- Co-ordination and production of various strategies including the Medium Term Financial Plan and Strategy, Treasury Management Strategy, Capital Strategy etc.
- Treasury Management activities including monitoring investments, the bank account and managing cash flow.
Payroll activities and Creditor activities.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1 Assist with the preparation of revenue and capital budgets and budget monitoring, taking specific responsibility for aspects of these and ensuring all information is meaningful and relevant to the intended audience.
1.2 Assist with the completion of year end accounts and production of the Financial Statements and Whole Accounts. You may have specific responsibility for aspects of these.
1.3 Assist with and where appropriate prepare and calculate financial information for returns.
1.4 Assist with the preparation for and implementation of changes to accounting regulations.
1.5 Assist with the process for calculation of charging for internal services (SLAs) and any other such accounting requirements which affect revenue accounts.
1.6 Assist with bringing together all the information to calculate the tax amount, information for the Tax leaflet and calculating the individual amounts for the tax bills.
1.7 Assist with calculations for financial evaluation / analysis and risk identification resulting in robust financial data that can be relied upon.
1.8 Assist with and contribute to the reporting of financial implications and advice, ensuring all information presented is relevant and complete in order for informed decisions to be made, including the production of Appendices for Panel/Cabinet reports and special projects.
1.9 Assist with the preparation of information for various financial plans, strategies and publications.
1.10 Challenging services where appropriate on proposals which affect the financial resources.
1.11 Provide financial and general assistance to all service managers as appropriate.
1.12 Maintain the Asset Register.
1.13 Maintain the Financial Management System including updating for budget adjustments.
1.14 Update performance management systems.
1.15 Undertake reconciliations.
1.16 Assist with other duties across the wider financial services team, including Payroll and Creditors.
1.17 Any other appropriate duties as requested.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1 Provide training and development of staff carrying out financial activities.
2.2 Any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager, in line with you skills and knowledge.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise individual tasks / more junior staff.
- FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
4.1 The post-holder has no financial responsibility but will assist in the provision of financial information and reporting and the preparation of budgets.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR ASSETS AND DATA
5.1 The post-holder has no direct responsibility for assets or data but is required to:
- Maintain and update the Asset Register
- Maintain and update the Financial Management System
- Update corporate and local performance management systems
In accordance with system administration guidance
- EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
The post holder mainly deals with internal customers ranging from junior staff to Executive Directors. External dealings will generally be with other local authorities and associated organisations.
- WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The post holder may occasionally be required to attend Committee meetings as the Finance representative and deputise for others as required. This will result in the post holder working outside normal working hours on these occasions.