Job provided by Tesco
Share this job on social:
About the job
Becoming a manager in a Tesco Store gives you a driving role in Serving Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday.
It’s a chance to put your skills, experience and instincts to the test; chasing opportunities, finding better ways of working and getting things just right for our customers.
You’ll be a role model, helping colleagues to know and love our products and services, involving everyone in community projects and proving just how much we can achieve together. You’ll get to grow your own team – by spotting talent and giving them the feedback and support they need to be their best.
We’ll look to you to maximise sales, impact and presentation for your department, while making sure everything is safe and compliant, and everyone’s in the right place at the right time.
This role is what management should be; out of the office and leading from the front – on the store floor with your colleagues and customers.
Do you have the attitude, aptitude and aspiration to be a great retail manager?
It’s a role for those who love retail – but above all we need you to put people at the heart of everything you do. You will be:
- Talking to colleagues, to share and encourage new ideas and best practice
- Being warm and welcoming, taking time to recognise and listen to others
- Building a strong team spirit and a network of relationships that stretches beyond the store
Our best and most inspiring leaders have a natural ability to:
- Looking ahead and seizing opportunities
- Acting quickly to do what’s right for colleagues and customers
- Thriving on change and leading people through it together
Knowing how to be at your best – and exceeding expectations
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible 2017/18 earnings.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & - Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available