Job provided by DWP Digital
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
We are looking for 15 Business Analysts to work with us on in a onceinageneration digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies and putting the user at the centre of everything we do we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Were looking for Business Analysts to support the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), in implementing change and improvements, including defining requirements on some of the UKs biggest publicfacing services.
Youll be working alongside product owners as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a world class service designed for people who use them in line with the governments Digital service standard.
Youll be rewarded for your contribution with development opportunities and pay that reflects your expertise.
You and your role
Youll be working with a range of stakeholders and focusing on defining requirements and capturing user needs. You will have an excellent understanding of strategic arenas and be able to influence large and complex projects. You will have proven task management skills.
You will manage relationships, and advance the Business Analyst community through a range of activities including the sharing of best practice and mentoring others. Working on the end to end journey you will ensure the user can complete their goal and the service provided meets the policy intent.
What youll do
Essential Skills required for the role:
Can work effectively at pace across both agile and waterfall methodologies
Understand the development lifecycle in terms of stages, principles and the changing responsibilities of the Business Analyst
Elicit requirements using a range of techniques in order to understand current processes and gather and prioritise new requirements Investigate requirements, problems and opportunities and support effective solutions to meet user need
Produce quality requirements documents; construct process and data models and other outputs appropriate to the audience and methodology Support scoping and priority setting of change initiatives
*Identify, engage and effectively manage relationships with stakeholders
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis four modules: Business Analysis Practice and Requirements Engineering and one knowledge based specialism and one practitioner specialism
- Applies and drives Agile principles to their work and the teams work
- Can construct complex process and data models using mapping standards and software (BPM, Visio) for significant change programmes and across multiple business functions. Obtains input from and communicates modelling results to senior managers for agreement
- Advise on implementation techniques, take ownership of issues including making recommendations and presenting alternative options when issues arise
- Understands principles of testing phases in different project environments and the link to requirements documentation including production and execution of test scripts.
- Experience of open source and cloud technologies and their sourcing
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digitals community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
Youll join us in one of our easytoreach digital hubs in London, Newcastle, Blackpool or Manchester. Each hub is designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer?
- Well reward you with a very competitive salary of up to
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- Well help you balance your life and work
- Well give you a generous leaveallowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so were serious about investing in you.
Youll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills youll acquire on the job. Youll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Click apply to continue your application on our online portal.