Job provided by CrunchPoster Limited
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
£16,220 (Pro Rata)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Hospitality Assistant to work with us at Kent Event Centre. This is a permanent position with flexible hours. The hours will be a minimum of 20 hours per week but there will be some weeks when you may be required to work as many as 45 plus hours.
The Hospitality Assistant Role
You will assist the Hospitality Co-ordinator with the smooth running of any events and conferences. Working in a very busy event and conference environment, you will have the passion, drive and self-motivation required to achieve high standards which will ensure delivery of the aims and objectives of the charity.
- Ensure meeting rooms are prepared and well presented
- Assist with moving furniture to help prepare rooms for events and conferences
- Meet and greet customers/delegates and ensure they are looked after throughout the day
- Serve drinks and refreshments to delegates in a timely and professional manner
- An element of cooking will be involved
- Keep refreshment area clean, tidy and replenished throughout the day
- Clear down at the end of the day, this includes washing up and putting away crockery and general cleaning duties
- Support the Hospitality Co-ordinator with stock control, administration and deliveries
- Provide cover for the Hospitality Co-ordinator in their absence and be the hospitality lead when there are multiple events
This is a permanent position and will include some weekend and evening work.
Requirements for the Hospitality Assistant Role
- Flexibility with shifts and working hours is essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ideally some previous hospitality or catering experience
- Ability to contribute towards a team environment but the confidence to work on your own
- You must be adaptable to work in a very busy event and conference environment
- Current driving licence with own transportation is essential
If you love people and events and are not afraid of hard work, then this Hospitality Assistant could be the role for you so please apply now!