Job provided by Luton Bennett
Share this job on social:
About the job
£25,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience + Overtime + Pension
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
Materials Technician sought within growing specialist materials testing organisation offering career advancement for the right person.
The role will be suited to those from composite/non-metallic materials testing backgrounds either within dedicated materials test and development or manufacturing environments. You will hold a relevant mechanical engineering or scientific based qualification, all levels of academia and commercial experience will be considered.
The role will involve a broad spectrum of responsibilities including client liaison manufacturing and preparation of test equipment, execution of non-metallic materials tests, generation of reports and effective detailed feedback to clients. The tests carried out will include various applications for clients within the Aerospace, Automotive, Construction, formula one and energy sectors among others.
For the right person this will be an excellent opportunity as previous graduates have gone on to thrive at the organisation and continuous support will be given to the right person with the drive to progress through the business.
The Role in Brief:
- Manufacture required test equipment/tools for specific composite/non-metallic materials testing.
- Execute materials tests.
- Generate detailed reports.
- Communicate results to colleagues, management and provide effective feedback to customers.
- Use of Microsoft suite applications for the recording and collating of data and generation of reports.
- Effective communication and feedback of results to clients.
The Person Required:
- Have hands on experience in the preparation/manufacture of mechanical test equipment
- Experience in the testing of composite/non-metallic materials
- Experience in the collation of data and report generation using Microsoft applications
- Effective communication skills both internally and with direct customer liaison.