Job provided by Your World
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £10.50 Umbrella
They work in partnership with our GP Neighbours – providing back office support to remove the administrative burden that can sometimes distract providing the best available care.
They have been providing primary care services since 2009 and now run 21 primary care services across the country, caring for more than 600,000 people each year. Primary care includes GP practices, GP out of hours services, walk-in centres, urgent care centres (UCCs) and minor injury units.
· To type patient letters, discharge summaries and general correspondence as dictated by the clinical team with use of the digital dictation system to a high degree of speed and accuracy and to action the outcomes of the correspondence timely. This will be a 50 to 70% medical audio typing role
· To carry out diary management for consultant(s)
· To answer all incoming telephone calls and emails from patients, carers and other healthcare professionals in an efficient manner, referring onto other departments and agencies as appropriate.
· Ensure all investigation results are readily available to the clinical staff and once signed and acted upon, filed correctly in the medical case notes.
· Support team members to deliver relevant work objectives through offering guidance and advice and assisting with training of new staff as appropriate.
· Audio typing of all correspondence from audiotape or dictation for the Consultants and their teams within set deadlines.
· Responsible for making patients' appointments and arranging admissions to the wards and for informing the patients of arrangements made.
· Responsible for providing a full secretarial service to the Consultant and his/her team.
· To be responsible in managing own workload and assisting other medical secretaries to provide a full secretarial service to other Consultants
Please note you must be able to answer Yes to Three of the below;
1) Computer literate with usual med sec typing qualities (including dictations)
2) Worked in Primary Care as medical secretary
3) Used SystmOne and ERS (Choose & Book)
4) Worked as a medical secretary
5) Worked in Secondary Care within Mid Essex and so knows the referral pathways but would need some System 1 Training.
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on ##### ######.