Job provided by Appoint Group
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Deputy Ward Manager
Salary :£43.029 (depending on experience)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Central London
Contract type : Permanent
We are looking for a new Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager to join our busy orthopaedics ward. Our 17 bedded ward which specialises in orthopaedics, including spinal injections and surgery and trauma as well as some general surgery and medical patients.
The successful applicant will demonstrate extensive experience in orthopaedics and will be up to date in current practices. Experience will extend to working within a busy ward and professional, multi-disciplinary teams. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a thriving busy team and wants to work with excellent staff to patient ratios.
Your key responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care with the multidisciplinary team and patients' families
- To promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice
- To undertake delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Ward Manager, including supervision of more junior staff
- To apply advanced clinical skills to assist in performing safe effective care for patients
Am I the right person for this Orthopaedic Deputy Ward Manager role?
- Experience at Band 5 or above in relevant role
- Demonstrable practice that is evidence based and up to date
- Experience of working with teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
- Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
- Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
- Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
- Able to use professional knowledge and experience to influence decision making processes in order to improve outcomes for patients and staff.
- Able to use assertive communication skills to achieve collaborative solutions to challenging situations
- Able to conduct audits in objective and efficient manner.
Why work for us?
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters at The Hospital
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then I would love to hear from you.
Please contact Charlotte Pinkus on ##### ###### or send a copy of your CV to #####@######.### . All applications are completely confidential.
If this role isn't for you but you know somebody else who could be suitable please refer them to us. If they get the job we will send you £100 as a thank you! (make sure they give your name when they contact).