Job provided by Candidate Source Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
/ PROGRAMMER - FANUC CONTROLS
– £26364 - £32448 + OVERTIME (EQUIVALENT TO £13 - £16 PER HOUR) – BASED HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM
Are you looking for a position with a progressive forward thinking company, in a thought-provoking role where you will be challenged and stimulated on a daily basis?
The company is an advanced engineering company based at two purpose built facilities near Birmingham city centre. The company is involved in the design, manufacture and assembly of precision components, machine tools and associated work station fixtures for the aerospace, automotive and nuclear industries. During the past few years the company has invested heavily in new machinery including state of the art CNC technology and is building its customer base and capabilities.
As CNC Turner / CNC Programmer, you will be offered a good basic salary of £26364 - £32,448(equivalent to £13-£16 per hour) based on a 39 hour week with regular paid overtime (time and a half) and an annual profit related bonus. Core hours are Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am – 3.00pm.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you’ll be responsible for producing small batch work with quantities between 1 and 5. Specifically you’ll be:
- Programming Fanuc machining centres in a sub contract environment
- Producing components to drawing tolerance and specifications accurately
- CNC turning and programming
- CNC setting and operating
- Determining production techniques and analysis of manufacturing performance
Machines include Puma Doosan/MAZAK Horizontal Lathes, as well as larger vertical lathes.
To be successful you must:
- Have significant demonstrable track record of CNC programming, setting and operating within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Be a fully competent CNC programmer - ideally with Fanuc programming experience.
- Have experience in reading complex engineering drawings and using modern inspection equipment.
- Have experience in aerospace, oil and gas subcontract environment is preferred.
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality control.
- Proven capability to work using your own initiative.