Job provided by Ellis Jackson Recruitment
Share this job on social:
About the job
Job Title: Personal Support Worker
Starting Salary: £8.50/hour to £9/hr (£17,600 per annum to £18,720)
Hours: Full or part time considered (Mon-Sat between 8am and 10pm depending on daily activities)
We are currently seeking a passionate, committed and enthusiastic Support Worker to take on a challenging and exciting role supporting a young adult male with autism.
- Ensure the communication, safety, health and wellbeing of the Employing Individual.
- Support the Individual to develop their independence and life skills through the use of Applied Behavioural Analysis.
- Be observant of the Individuals' behaviour and provide support to manage their anxieties as required.
- Facilitate the Individual to develop their confidence and provide reassurance as required.
- Provide prompts around personal hygiene, encourage healthy diet/exercise and be observant for signs of pain or illness
- Appreciate that good communication is vital to understanding the needs of the Individual and that daily tasks and responsibilities may vary from time to time to meet the needs of the Individual.
Employee Benefit Package:
- Competitive starting salary
- Attractive working hours (Monday-Saturday - No nights or bank holidays)
- 5.6 weeks' holiday incl. bank holidays (pro rata)
- Caring, fun and supportive working environment
- Full in-depth training
- Further ongoing CPD training
- Excellent prospects for personal and professional growth
- Experience in a care/support worker role
- Qualifications in Psychology, Education or Health & Social Care
- Knowledge/willingness to learn about Applied Behavioural Analysis
- Have basic domestic skills
- Be reliable, trustworthy and have a positive outlook
- Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive, empathetic and professional manner
- Be caring, conscientious and committed
- Have a full UK Driving License
- Be willing to learn various skills including the ability to:
- Roller Blade
- Ice Skate
- Support with gym equipment
To find out more about this opportunity please apply now or call ##### ######to speak to one of our specialist health and social care consultants today.