Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Blatchford is a world leading rehabilitation provider with clinical expertise in prosthetics, orthotics, special seating and wheelchairs. We design and manufacture the multi award-winning Endolite range of lower limb prostheses and provide clinical services to the NHS, military and patients internationally. With 128 years of innovation and expertise behind us, we produce the world's most advanced microprocessor artificial limbs.
We now have an excellent opportunity for an Occupational Therapist, to join our Wheelchair services in Oldham and Tameside, and deliver an outstanding clinical service to a variety of patients throughout the local region.
The Occupational Therapist is a role model, who takes responsibility for the delivery of an effective patient led service within a fast paced environment, including:
- Using specialist knowledge and skills to provide operational and clinical advice to staff, the multi-disciplinary team and to service users, providing appropriate education to patients and carers in order to encourage their participation in the management of their condition.
- Managing a caseload of patients including those with complex/specialist needs, using clinical reasoning and specialist skills to assess, plan and implement treatment regimes for patients, and to prescribe, plan and co-ordinate home assessments, to ensure all appropriate recommendations are actioned within the designated time frames
- Using specialist techniques for the handling of patients with physical and cognitive needs and appropriate techniques or precautions when treating/handling patients who present with behaviours and/or mental health needs
- Ensuring patient records are maintained and providing typed reports of assessments and handovers carried out as necessary.
- Taking an active role in developing and promoting the wheelchair service within the organisation, monitoring and evaluating systems to ensure that the quality of the service is maintained; identifying opportunities for development and implementing them where appropriate
- Supporting the manager in the delivery of KPIs and quality initiatives and supporting less experienced members of the team including assisting with training, development and leadership.
- Having an awareness of local and national initiatives and of medical, political and therapeutic developments impacting on the wheelchair services and healthcare delivery, reviewing the implications within the service
- Maintaining a strong, current theoretical knowledge base and keeping up to date with all developments associated with postural management and mobility equipment
- Driving change through the service and being responsible for promoting developments in new techniques and the application of current, evidence based practice at every opportunity.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues both within and outside Wheelchair Services to improve patient care and to further develop the service and provide the best possible care to patients. They will be flexible and innovative in their approach, and have strong organisation, prioritisation and decision making skills. They will be enthusiastic and have a positive approach, with the ability to motivate, lead and inspire others.
Some experience of working in a clinical role is essential, and the successful applicant will also be degree qualified and be HCPC registered.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to develop a strong career in a specialist market, with an industry leader and growing company. We also welcome applications from recent graduates who are looking for their first post graduate opportunity within a supportive environment.
We offer competitive packages with excellent benefits, it is a great time to join our growing wheelchair team!
If you are a qualified Occupational Therapist, who is interested in a new opportunity please apply now!