Job provided by Web Recruit
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Android Developer - 12 Month Contract
Kortext is the UK’s leading personal learning platform and a global supplier of digital textbooks to the higher education sector. We work with some of the biggest names in publishing and supply millions of students worldwide with the materials they need to succeed in their education.
Due to ongoing expansion, we are now looking for a number of Android Developers to join us in January, February and March 2019 on a 12 month contract and support the delivery of our ambitious product strategy.
As an Android Developer, you will:
- Help to develop and deploy new functionality for Kortext’s proprietary learning platform
- Discuss and analyse specification documents to refine requirements and support solutions
- Work with the Development Team to provide ‘level of effort’ estimations
- Support the embedding of scalable development processes
- Create efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Deal with bugs and maintenance issues
- Unit test code and perform code reviews
- Provide advice on technical documentation
- Act as a key point of contact for stakeholders, responding to request and providing a positive experience
- Identify and recommend approaches and initiatives to enhance performance
- Participate in additional business projects and initiatives
- Support QA testing and troubleshooting activities
- Assist with critical or escalated customer issues
Please note, the hours you work will need to have at leave five hours overlap with EST (GMT-5).
To join Kortext as an Android Developer, you will need:
- Experience of developing Android mobile apps and delivering apps to production through the Google Play Store
- Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience of working closely with designers, systems engineers, and software engineers in a collaborative development environment
We would like to hear from you if you have held the title of Android Developer, Mobile App Developer, Mobile Developer, App Developer, Software Developer, Software Application Developer, Developer or Programmer.
- Work from home
- Support the success of a platform that’s at the forefront of education’s digital revolution
- Consolidate your skill-set working as part of a talented team
- Collaborative and engaging environment
Webrecruit and Kortext are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
To apply for the role of Android Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.