Job provided by Recruiterbase
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Landscaper £25,000 - 30,000 Depending on skills and experience Mainly located in the south eastern counties and London areas
The Hard and/or Soft Landscape operative is responsible for carrying out a wide range of manual landscaping duties under the supervision of the Landscape Foreman.
Role and Responsibilities
The range of duties include but are not limited to the following: Soft landscaping:
- The cultivation and preparation of soft landscape areas (including formation levels).
- Application of pesticides and fertilisers (after receiving proper instruction and training) PA1 and PA6.
- Installation of planting.
- Installation of planting sundries (eg irrigation and tree/shrub guards and stakes).
- Installation of seeding and turfing.
- Maintenance of soft landscape areas. Hard landscaping:
- Undertaking minor demolition works.
- Installation/construction of stone or brick paving, setts and slabs, kerbs, edging, paths and surfaces, retaining structures, brickwork, blockwork, walls, retaining structures.
- Installation of various types of fencing. - Installation of various types of street furniture and play equipment.
- Installation of land drainage and surface water drainage systems. - Maintenance of hard landscape areas.
The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Practical experience within the landscape construction industry.
- A formal qualification in horticulture (preferred).
- Appropriate CSCS/CPCS competency qualifications.
- Experience in setting out by dimensions/coordinates.
- Understanding of buried services avoidance including CAT scan and ability to read service drawings. Valid CAT scan certificate an advantage or training will be required.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and under your own initiative.
- Must be highly motivated. - Full current driving licence.
- The work is physically demanding and undertaken in all weather.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs