Job provided by Elysium Healthcare
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the service user is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the service user as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 70 services strategically placed across England and Wales.
Annual salary: £16,485
Hours per week: 37.5
Our Second Chef role involves:
- Contributing to planning menus taking into account special nutritional, dietary and ethnic needs.
- Providing constant support the head chef.
- Maintain all standards of food and staying within the required CQC or other legislation.
- Participating in food purchasing through established procedures with an emphasis on cost and quality.
- Participating in food costings through effective cost control procedures.
- Maintaining good food storage procedures and stock rotation according to established procedures.
- Preparing and cooking meals to a consistently high standard.
- Presenting and packaging food as required for distribution.
- Assisting in food service when necessary
- Taking charge of the department in the Head Chef's absence, to ensure that service requirements are met.
- Co-ordinating the production and distribution of food throughout the hospital.
- The production of all foods for the patients staff and visitors on a daily basis.
- Producing all fuction buffets and banquets.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with both your fellow staff and Head chef.
To be successful as a Second Chef, you'll need:
- A flexible approach to working hours and weekends
- A good general standard of education
- City & Guilds 706/1 or equivalent (desirable)
- City & Guilds 706/2 or equivalent (desirable)
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- NEBSS or equivalent (desirable)
- Computer literacy (desirable)
- A high level of numeracy
- Ability to communicate with patients, visitors and staff at all levels
- Ability to cope with ease under pressure
- Preparing and producing quality food to a high standard
- Knowledge of menu planning and costing
- Knowledge of stock systems, ordering, stock control and supervising staff
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Health and Safety (desirable)
- HR and staff development Experience
- Security within a secure unit (desirable)
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to a DBS disclosure.