Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Remediation Team Supervisor
Salary: Dependant on Experience and Capability
Hours of Work: 45 hours a week
About the Company:
OHES Environmental Ltd, part of the Adler and Allan Group, is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. OHES has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where our business is led and staffed by some of the brightest and most experienced consultants in the UK market place. More recently, in response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors.
Purpose of the Remediation Team Supervisor role:
We are seeking to appoint two a number of capable and experienced Remediation Team Supervisors, one role based in Risby, the other based in Leicester.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the Remediation Team Supervisors are required to lead Remediation Works on customers sites, demonstrating supervisory responsibility for any element of remediation incident; this will include deployed personnel, plant, vehicles and ensuring associated documentation is correct and understood by all in attendance. The postholder will also be responsible for the safe progression of works and upholding and adhering to compliant health & safety procedures.
Employed on a full-time basis, with the need to satisfy overtime and emergency call out requirements and occasional stay away from home overnight.
Remediation Team Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all staff within area of responsibility act at all times with integrity, due skill, care and diligence and observing proper standards of conduct
- Carrying out such works under the direction of the OHES Contracts Manager and OHES consultancy staff or, where required, using own initiative, skills, knowledge and appropriate techniques
- Operating any plant/machinery for which the postholder is qualified and experienced to undertake and undertaking hand dig excavation works to facilitate removal of contamination. Ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment
- Responsibly and efficiently procuring materials ensuring cost effectiveness
- Recording all time, mileage and materials used during all phases of a project so that they can be accurately charged for
- Undertake all duties in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The post holder holds full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation
- Directing, mentoring and developing less experienced staff within the team.
- Any other task for which the postholder is qualified and experienced to undertake
Remediation Team Supervisor Requirements:
- Minimum 7 years experience in site works, either construction, civils or landscaping
- Competent to use plant and machinery
- Hold a full, clean UK driving licence
- Eager to learn and develop individual skills and competencies
Remediation Team Supervisor Benefits:
- Career Development
- Company pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- 25 days paid holiday and bank holidays
If you feel that you would be suitable for this Remediation Team Supervisor role, the please apply today!