Job provided by Red Recruit Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Sea Freight Business Development Manager (Inside or External) - VR/19880
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading NVOCC are looking for a Sea Freight Business Development Manager to join their team just outside of Manchester. This role can either be field based out on the road or be office based.
- Development of new business
- Retention of existing business, maintain and develop customer relationships
- Customer negotiations to achieve competitive cost structures
- handling quotation requests
- Issue sales reports & quote requests and ensure appropriate follow up on all replies
- Analyse statistics on a regular basis to check activity within the area and country as well as the Customer base
- Produce trade lane action plans
- Preparation of RFQ Tenders & Proposals
The Business Development Manager will be educated to a good standard, and possess excellent communication (both written and verbal) and organisation skills. You must have a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Freight sales experience is essential, ideally for a NVOCC.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping Team on #####@######.###