Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Cladding / Steel Technical Manager
Location: Great Dunmow, Essex
Salary: Attractive Salary and benefits package
An immediate role has come to fruition for a Cladding / Steelwork Technical Manager to be based in their modern offices in Great Dunmow working for a forward thinking cladding/Architectural Metalwork contractor.
Our client established in 1996 are the UK leaders in Architectural Metalwork and cladding. With a first class team specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of high quality bespoke metalwork projects for the Commercial and Residential markets. Their sound engineering and highly flexible manufacturing environment has produced a wide range of bespoke, cost effective designs and solutions for their clients and customers. Their production facilities are strategically located close to the centre of London, perfectly situated to service current and new building projects in and around the South of England.
About the Cladding / Steel Technical Manager:
As Technical Manager, you would be based in Great Dunmow but on occasion working from their other site in Gosfield.
This key position involves managing the whole design function of the business which is primarily based in the UK but with satellite offices both in Poland and India. The variety of design work involved would range from balconies, balustrades, staircases and various feature metal work projects on behalf of our main contractors
This role would suit an established steel/cladding Draughtsperson looking to progress their career within the steel/cladding arena, Lead architect / Engineer with a strong knowledge of metalwork and or Cladding
Requirements of the Cladding / Steel Technical Manager:
- An excellent track record and knowledge of cladding & steelwork design.
- Experience of detailing cladding, architectural and structural steel using AutoCAD 3d essential, Advance Steel preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineer's and Architect's drawings.
- Full understanding of current building regulations / British Standards.
- Ability to liaise competently with Engineers & Architects and manage the flow of technical information essential to the project.
- Ability to work as a team to ensure every project is a success. Works will involve co-ordination with Commercial, Project, Production and Site departments.
- Ability to work from site measurements and produce fabrication drawings from those measurements. Liaising with the design team / engineers to close out/clarify any discrepancies.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a number of projects at any given time. Can do attitude to get the job done even if it requires overtime to complete the work.
- Able to work to company's procedure and ensure the flow of information and document controlling is maintained to high level.
- Manage a stringent RFI procedure.
- Keep track of any variations and maintain the variation record sheets with supporting data for the Commercial team to access.
- Maintain organised project design folders with all revisions clearly labelled to show the current issues.
Feel you meet the above criteria of this Cladding / Steel Technical Manager role? Apply now!
Our client is an Equal Opportunities employer and their aim is to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on grounds of gender, religion, race, colour, sexuality, pregnancy, age, disability, nationality, ethnic or national origins, nor should he/she be placed at a disadvantage by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.