Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Purpose of the Driver Trainer:
Delivering driver training and development with particular focus on reducing accident frequency/ costs and maximising fuel economy and ensuring best practice is maintained that is over and above all minimum legal compliance.
Responsibilities of the Driver Trainer:
- Train new drivers on operation of refuse, skip, rolonoff, hook lift and other vehicles
- Coaching and developing drivers
- Attend required training courses
- Drivers pre-employment assessments
- Carry out annual & post incident assessments on drivers as well as periodic assessments
- Devise and maintain a training program for all relevant personnel
- Accompany drivers to assess work and related issues
- Carry out investigations following incidents
- Attend departmental and health and safety meetings
- Attend customer meetings & visits (including dry runs) to provide technical input when required
- Responsible for completing the drivers training matrix
- Provide occasional driver sickness cover
- Implement new processes and procedures as required
- Carry out spot checks on drivers daily checks & PPE
- Check all planned vehicles are available for use
- Record- as required- any attendance issues and refer to manager as required.
- Liaise with drivers on tachograph issues to ensure best practice is maintained above legal minimum compliance.
- Log defects as per company procedures
- Provide updates to be business on availability and progress.
- Compliance with training certificates and documents
- Provide operational controller emergency cover
- Coaching drivers on infringements
- Conduct the necessary tool box talks as and when needed
- Performing fleet audits
Requirements of the Driver Trainer:
- Experience in the operation of commercial vehicles that are covered by operator's license regulations.
- Be self-motivated
- Can work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Report Writing
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels from driver up to senior manager and including customers.
- Ability to use pc based analysis and reporting programmes as well as Microsoft office packages particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of company's vehicles and environment
If you feel you meet the above criteria of this Driver Trainer role then please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunities employer