Job provided by Canford Healthcare
Share this job on social:
About the job
Hampton Care are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to work 48 hours a week.
Hampton Care's philosophy is to create a secure, relaxed, happy and homely atmosphere for the residents to live in and for the staff to work in. We specialise in providing quality nursing and residential care for the elderly.
Key Duties as a Kitchen Assistant include:
· Assist the Chef in the preparation of meals, snacks and drinks.
· Be involved in the process of delivering meals, snacks and drinks to the residents either in the dining room, lounge, resident's bedroom or wherever individual residents choose to eat and drink.
· Lay and clear tables in the dining room under the direction of the Chef or the Manager.
· Receive, check in and store all foodstuffs and other supplies delivered to the home following company procedures.
· Adhere to standard operating procedures when using all equipment and machinery in the kitchen area. Keep equipment and machinery clean and in good working order under the direction of the Chef.
· Adhere to COSHH, Food Safety and other Hygiene, Health and Safety regulations and procedures and assist with record keeping under the supervision of the Chef.
· Ensure that the kitchen and food storage areas are left clean and tidy at all times.
· Clean all kitchen utensils, cutlery and crockery under the supervision of the Chef. To fill, operate and empty the dishwasher as required.
Requirements for Role:
· Able to carry out instructions accurately.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
· Fast learner with good multi-tasking skills.
· Strong Team Player.
· High standard of personal hygiene.
· Interest / passion in food and catering.
In return, we will offer you:
· Competitive Salary
· Full Induction Training
· Discounts at Major High Street Retailers
· Progression Opportunities
· Subsidised meals, dependent on number of hours worked
· Comfortable Staff Rooms
Hampton Care is part of the Canford Healthcare group.
If you would like to join our friendly team, please select "apply now" and forward us your CV.