Job provided by Canford Healthcare
Share this job on social:
About the job
Maples Care Home's philosophy is to create a secure, relaxed happy and homely atmosphere for the residents to live in and for the staff to work in. We specialise in providing quality nursing and residential care for the elderly. It is our aim to preserve the self-respect of those who depend on the support of others.
We feel that those who live at Maples Care Home should do so with dignity, have the respect of those who support them and be entitled to live a full and active life, given the fundamental right to self-determination and individuality within the framework of a care home offering nursing care.
To take overall responsibility for the recreational, therapeutic and social aspects of all the residents' activities inside and outside the home.
To take a lead in the promotion of the home within the local community and ensure that members of the community are aware of the positive and therapeutic aspects of the activities being provided.
· To be responsible for initiating social/therapeutic activities for all residents in the home.
· Your main task will be to organise both group and one to one activities with and for the residents based on appropriate assessment using all relevant sources of information.
· Put together the requirements and proposal for annual budgetary requirement. This would be expected within one month of taking up post and then subject to regular review.
· You will be required to produce and present to the Manager a detailed annual activities planner and weekly planner in respect of activities for all residents with an assessment of equipment
· You will be expected to train and guide the care staff in constructive activities in order to ensure that there is an awareness of involving residents in activities at all times as part of the overall care provision at the home.
· You will be expected to make close contact with a range of outside bodies who may be in a position to assist the home. This could include the Alzheimer's Society, the WI, Help the Aged, Age Concern, local churches and other charitable and similar organisations.
· You will be expected to make arrangements for outside bodies and individuals to come into the home as often as possible in order to provide entertainment, stimulation and therapeutic input for all residents as appropriate.
· Arrange and chair quarterly activities meetings with residents and representatives to obtain feedback on activities at the home and improve quality.
· You will be expected to email the Marketing Department photos and a short summary on events and activities occurring within the home on a weekly basis to enable the Marketing Team to maintain the 'News and Events' section of the company website up to date and to publish quarterly newsletters.
· Supervise activities staff including conducting regular supervisions and annual appraisals in line with company policy.
· Take every opportunity to improve your skills and knowledge both by self-development and by participating in training events organised both inside the home and by outside sources.
· Work in a way which promotes the Home's core values
· The post holder may also be required to work outside of the home visiting organisations that may be of assistance to the home as well as taking residents out on arranged visits
· Weekly contracted hours as mutually agreed with the Registered manager, to be worked in a pattern which ensures the most effective use of the time available.
· Due to the nature of this post it is possible that this could include some unsociable hours in either the evenings or weekends.
Specific Qualifications / Skills / Attributes
· Previous experience of working with the elderly
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build positive relationships with residents
· Ability to encourage & motivate others
· Creative personality
· Strong leadership skills, and demonstrates this by leading by example
If you would like to join our successful team please select "apply now" and forward us your CV. If you have no prior experience we would also like to receive a cover letter explaining why you wish to pursue a career in the Healthcare sector.
Maples Care Home is part of the Canford Healthcare group of homes.