Job provided by MediTalent Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Day Ward RGN Ilford, Essex full and part time available up to £28,5k
We have an exciting an opportunity for a registered Nurse to join the multidisciplinary team at an NHS Treatment Centre, based in Ilford.
A clean, modern and comfortable hospital specialising in orthopaedics, general surgery, endoscopy, ophthalmology, oral surgery, ear nose and throat surgery, urology, gynaecology, gastroenterology and pain management.
This Treatment Centre is passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS patients, and are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety.
Day Ward Manager
As a key member of the team, you will undertake basic nursing duties on the ward as allocated by the manager, team leader or senior nurse on duty.
Key duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the admission of any new patient to the centre
- To liaise with members of the medical and associated professions and ensure that prescribed
or recommended treatment is carried out
- Escalating any deterioration in patient condition to the appropriate clinician for review
- Maintaining a nurseled discharge service for all patients having elective day surgery
- Attending to any postoperative needs for daycase patients
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Solid post registration experience
- Up to date sound clinical knowledge
- An awareness of legislative requirements with regard to health and safety
- Knowledge of infection control policy and procedures
- An awareness of current CQC standards
- NMC Registered Nurse