Job provided by Vision for Education
Share this job on social:
About the job
Children's Services Support Worker - Doncaster, South Yorkshire
From £8.25 - £8.90 per hour
Vision for Education are recruiting for Children's and Young People's services Residential Support Workers to work within a specialist residential site in Doncaster, South Yorkshire. The site offers residential care for up to 52 weeks per year for young people aged 8 to 19. All residents have a diagnosis of Autism, ADHD, Downs Syndrome and have various complex needs, with an array of challenging behaviours and different independence levels. All with a need for 1:1 & 2:1 staffing.
Working at a specialist setting does require individuals that have experience working in this field. Previous work within the care sector would be beneficial.
To be considered for this role, you need to:
- Have a NVQ / Diploma L2 or 3 in Health & Social Care, similarly L2 or 3 Childcare & Social Work is desirable.
- Have experience working as a support worker, social work in either a SEND setting, Childrens Services, residential setting or a similar environment.
- Have previous experience of working with young adults and or a range of ages; who have Autism, MLD, ADHD, Mental Health difficulties and can often demonstrate challenging behaviors.
- Comfortable and had previous experience with complex medical conditions.
- Be happy and flexible with working a pattern of varied shifts on a rota basis, including weekend work.
- Be a positive and outgoing individual, who has a genuine interest in safeguarding and providing the highest level of support for service users with complex additional needs.
- Have a calm, empathetic and confident personality and be comfortable with assisting with personal / intimate care
What Vision can offer you:
-Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
-£50 Bonus every time you recommend a colleague
-Free training and access to ongoing CPD courses - Team Teach, SEND Awareness & Moving & Handling
-Continuous support throughout your placements and bookings.
-Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
**If you are interested and would like the challenge of working in a demanding, but very rewarding environment then we would love to hear from you! Please contact the Sheffield Education team on ##### ######or email your CV and details to #####@######.###