Job provided by Kingdom Services Group Limited
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Environmental Protection Team Leader
£12.00 per hour
Kingdom are the UK's leading Environmental Protection provider and due to our continued growth within this industry working on behalf of local authorities.
We are now recruiting for the position of Environmental Protection Team Leader based at Woking Council.
The role will require you to lead by example and provide front line leadership, resilience and back office support to your Environmental Protection Team. Your team will be responsible for patrolling the borough working in line with the relevant local authority's deployment strategy and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices to offenders in contravention of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and policing act 2014.
You will be required to work o n average 40 hours per week, 8 Hour shifts, 5 days out of 7, Monday - Sunday between 07.00 - 19.00.
- Assist Woking Council in relation to the investigation of complaints made by members of public.
- Daily liaison with Woking Council.
- Provide statistical data to Woking Council and deal with Freedom of Information Requests.
- Leading from the front and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices whilst in your front-line role.
- Monitor conduct and performance of the Team.
- Ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Provide theory and front line training to new team members.
- Provide on the ground support as and when required.
- Documentation of processes across the Protection teams.
- Keep up to date with legislations and relay this information to the team.
- Conduct Officer Appraisals.
- Compile initial Prosecution File and Liaise with Local Authority Legal Team.
- Any other reasonable task under Instruction of Operations Manager.
- Produce statistical reports on a daily, monthly and yearly basis.
We offer candidates the opportunity to being part of an industry leading and respected Security and Environmental Protection company with real opportunities of advancement and guaranteed hours contracts as well as a range of employee benefits which includes 20 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays.
- Work place pension scheme, if you are eligible or wish to contribute.
- Access to a substantial free online training academy for professional development.
- Company Award Scheme.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar leadership role is essential.
- Knowledge of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and policing Act 2014.
- The ability to communicate with offenders, often in demanding circumstances in a professional manner.
- Previous experience in a customer service role and handling difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Good organisational skills are essential.
- Must be positive, focused and have the ability to motivate a team.
- Must have the fortitude to increase productivity.
- Must enjoy working in the outdoors and in all weather conditions.
- PC Literate is essential (Excel and Word packages).
- Full UK Driving Licence and own reliable transport is advantageous but not essential.
- Will be work independently and on own initiative to carry out the enforcement role.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and spoken.
Please note that all candidates will have to go through a DBS process prior to employment and will need a full five-year checkable work history.