Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 Plus bonus and benefits
An opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Software Engineer to join SG Gaming, one of the leading global players in the UK gaming market.
Based in our Manchester (Chadderton) office, you will be responsible for developing and implementing firmware for embedded devices, which interface with gaming system hardware; providing a hardware abstraction layer for devices to allow third-party platforms to run.
As a key member of our Engineering Department team, your work will be varied and challenging; involving the design, development and support for board level products and devices. A keen interest in embedded systems and devices is therefore essential. You will play an active role in all stages of product development from concept and design definition through to production and support.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary and benefits and will be supported by your manager to grow your career within the company.
Embedded Software Engineer Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of embedded software, including; OS customisation, device driver integration, firmware and applications
- Board-level bring-up, debug, test and system integration
- Define and perform validation and verification
- Specification and technical documentation
Embedded Software Engineer Requirements:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electronics, Software Engineering or relevant subject
Design and development experience:
Using microprocessors and microcontrollers in embedded systems
- Within digital interfaces and communications protocols such as: I²C, SPI, USB, UART and GPIO etc.
Developing embedded firmware in C
Ability to interpret existing schematics of digital and analogue circuits
Experience designing and developing:
Windows 10 Embedded IoT
- Embedded Linux
- Production test software
- Custom APIs
Sample / demonstration applications
Excellent technical reading and writing skills
- Microsoft Embedded Operating Systems including; Windows XP and Windows 7
Embedded Software Engineer Benefits:
You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary and additional benefits such as:
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Contribution based pension scheme
- Various employee discounts and perks
If you feel that you may be suitable for the Embedded Software Engineer then please apply now!