Data Analytics Manager
£0 - £0
- Build and manage a team of data analysts. Define objectives for the direct reports.
- Prioritise team’s workload making sure deliverables are aligned to business objectives.
- Translate customer needs into detailed technical and functional requirements for analysis and self-service analytics in an agile working manner.
- Analyse customers' data, determine key performance indicators for each element of a customer experience, and then build automated performance trackers to monitor those elements on a regular basis.
- Work with the business and Analytics community on analytical questions such as automation, pattern analysis and clustering.
- Develop close working relationship with stakeholders, effectively listening and understanding their needs and applying persuasive skills to influence and inspire others.
- Write code supporting the development of big data-oriented solutions solving complete data integration or analytic use cases with the production-ready precision.
- Maintain the data quality and reliability monitoring of accessed single source of truth data.
- Assist in keeping our Business Glossary live, standardised and relevant.
The role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make a change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
- Comfort using Hadoop, Teradata and manipulating massive data sets.
- Good knowledge of SQL (Hive/Spark) and Sqoop/Oozie.
- Understanding of managing and maintaining data tables and partitions in HDFS environments an advantage.
- Experience of using any/all of Tableau, Alteryx, HTML/JS, D3 and Microstrategy.
- Solid technical understanding – you will need to be comfortable having technical conversations and know when to lead, when to challenge and when to ask questions.
- Testing, measuring and validating the value of your outputs in live environments.
- Bachelors degree in Math, Science and relevant experience a plus.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible 2017/18 earnings.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & - Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available
Posted 102 days ago