Job provided by Shirley Parsons
Share this job on social:
About the job
We are currently working with a leading engineering consultancy who are looking for a Quality Manager to work with their Major Projects team.
Prepare, implementing and updating contract quality plans, working directly with clients and in alignment with the client's quality assurance scope.
Be independent of the design discipline functions, enabling her / him to work across these workstreams on projects, providing briefings on quality requirements, managing the review and audit process, advising on quality matters, undertaking or coordinating audit activities , dealing directly with or reviewing non-conformities, drawing conclusions from the analysis of root causes, leading lessons learned events and reporting to the Project Director and the client on quality matters.
Attend design meetings to address quality issues and be part of the regular management review meetings to report on quality matters. This will include the preparation of the regular quality reports required, so that there is visibility of quality issues and any related risks, and the related action plan that will have been established to deal with them.
Be the focal point and single point of contact with the design team and client on quality matters.
Work as part of the Design and Project Leadership team to develop quality management in the group.
- Experience of quality management and the delivery functions of a company under self-certification contracts and within ISO 9001/14001/18001 certified organisations.
- Working knowledge and experience of developing and improving quality management systems.
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (or an equivalent recognised quality body) or an appropriate engineering institute.
- Being an international Register of Certification Auditors (IRCA) auditor would be a plus but is not essential.
- Prior experience in a quality management role in a complex multi-stakeholder environment with experience in the rail industry a plus.
- Key Behavioural Competencies
- Results focused
- Resolve complex problems
- Desire to challenge
- Client focused