Job provided by Workvine
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. As such, we are looking for a Senior Scientist within our Analytical Development Group. The purpose of this role is to contribute to the research and development of new and existing assays to support the development of Oxford BioMedica’s pipeline; evaluate and implement new technologies to improve the performance and efficiency of analytical work streams; perform validation or qualification of assays and equipment for use in GxP testing.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Innovation and development of new analytical assays, improvement and optimisation of current analytical assays for lentiviral characterisation
- Evaluation of new analytical methods and technologies
- Troubleshoot assay performance issues as and when required
- Drafting and preparation of standard operating procedures for new assays
- Act as project manager for validation and qualification studies, training members of the Analytical Services Group (ASG) to perform newly developed and validated assays
- Assist with other activities undertaken in the research group as required.
- Prepare reports and documentation to support GxP and regulatory activities.
Key skills and requirements:
- Minimum BSc Degree in Life Sciences/Science/Analytical Science or equivalent level qualification in these disciplines
- A good research and development background in quantitative PCR and/or protein analysis
- Practical industry experience in analytics and development projects/activities
- Experience of working in GMP-like environments
- A strong background in assay development
- Good level of communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to undertake projects to agreed timelines and adapt to rapid changes in project priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to train others in the conduct of analytical techniques.
It would also be desirable to have the following:
- Development and improvement of analytical methods for lentiviral characterization
- Previous experience with assay validation in a GMP/GMP-like industrial setting
- Use of statistics as applied to assay validation
- An understanding of lentiviral vectors and gene therapy
- PCR/ RT-PCR/Digital PCR
- FACS/ Flow cytometry
- Mammalian cell culture
The role requires the ability to work in a multi-disciplined innovative environment whilst also adhering to internal and external quality systems.
The Analytical Development Group is part of the research group but works closely with manufacturing, clinical and analytical services at all stages of development.
No agencies please