Job provided by Perfect Placement UK Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Automotive, Motor Trade Job: Automotive HGV Technician / Mechanic Required in Swansea.
Salary: Up to £23,566 Basic, OTE £25,000 per Annum
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Motor Trade Jobs / Automotive Vacancies: HGV Technician / Mechanic for Commercial Vehicle Dealership Swansea
Our Client, a Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Swansea region is currently looking to recruit a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician / Mechanic for their busy Automotive Service Department.
- To inspect and repair MOT customers vehicles to meet VOSA/manufacturer standards.
- To complete all documentation accurately and promptly, including raising temporary job cards where necessary.
- To have due regard for Health and Safety of both members of staff and customers.
- To protect and maintain all company tools by using them in the prescribed manner and returning them to their place of storage immediately after use.
- To protect and take care of both our clients and customers property.
- To report all damage on customers and company vehicles as soon as it is known or becomes apparent.
- To drive vehicles in a proper and safe manner.
- To maintain the cleanliness of work areas and remove all scrap etc.
- To be aware of additional business opportunities and make the relevant Department aware of them
- Availability to take vehicle to MOT station and carry out required duties.
- To attend required training courses in order to maintain a commitment to developing your knowledge and skills in line with our clients fleet profile.
- To work a reasonable amount of overtime when requested in order to allow our client to suit customers operational requirements.
- To be competent, willing and able to work unsupervised and to provide site/roadside assistance when required to cover customer needs, this includes participation in an out of hours 24 hour call out rota.
- To follow instructions and to adopt working practices given by the management team.
- At times of holidays and staff shortages, be willing to work outside your normal hours of employment to meet the company needs.
You will ideally be a qualified HGV Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent as a minimum however my client is willing to consider candidates with strong and stable time served experience as a HGV Technician / Mechanic. You will also need to hold a UK driving licence with minimal points (a HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however is nonessential), experience working on HGVs, be a committed individual and be a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for you team.
For your hard work Our Client is offering
- Starting salary of £11 per hour on a minimum 39 hour working week (£22,308 per annum).
- Overtime subject to availability paid at time and a half rate and a bonus scheme creating an uncapped annual earnings of £25,000 per annum.
- Company pension scheme.
- 30 days holiday which increases over length of service.
- Full manufacturer training and development with the possibility to enter in to a 24 hour call out rota with fantastic financial benefits once fully trained (usually a minimum of 1 to 2 years to become fully trained).
You are required to work a weekly shift system where in your first week you work 7:00am3:00pm Monday to Friday and in your second week 2:00pm10:00pm Monday to Friday. You are required to 1 in 2 Saturdays 7:00am12:00pm (Saturdays paid as overtime).
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Automotive Careers so if this HGV Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Swansea please contact Josh Buck.
To apply please send your CV to Josh Buck quoting J79008, HGV Technician, Swansea.
Please remember to add your home phone number, mobile number, email address and full address to your CV. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Continue your job search on Facebook : ######.###/MotorTradeJobs
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright Perfect Placement UK Limited 2018.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limiteds prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our office on ##### ###### if you wish to discuss this copyright.