Long O Donnell are currently recruiting for experienced Coating Inspectors to provide inspection services for materials (including Pipe Manufacturing Mills, Valves, Bends and Fittings).
To be considered for this opportunity you will have previous experience working within a similar capacity as a Coating Inspector. Specifically, you will:
- Hold a current CSWIP Mill Coating Inspector or Site Coating Inspector qualification.
- Have a strong background working as a Coating inspector.
- Have demonstrable experience of working in coating plants, mills or coating yards monitoring surface preparation and application operations.
- Possess working knowledge of National Grid / Cadent coating specifications and laboratory testing of coatings.
- Have good communications skills.
- Have the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Your duties as a Coating Inspector will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring load-in, materials handling and storage activities,
- Ensuring Release Notes/Inspection Acceptance Reports have been issued for each line pipe and that all items are uniquely identified.
- Ensuring all equipment used by the coating contractor has current calibration certificates traceable to National Standards and that all contractor's QC personnel possess current relevant qualifications and/or experience.
- Monitoring all surface preparation and application operations to ensure compliance with technical specifications
- Witnessing laboratory testing.
- Ensuring cut-back is in accordance with the specifications and that end caps are fitted.
- Monitoring holiday detection, storage and load-out operations
- Ensuring any non-conformances are reported to the Team Leader/Inspection Controller.
Location: UK Wide
Please note, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. APPLY NOW! Please forward your CV and confirmation of the inspection tickets you hold for review ASAP.
Posted 68 days ago