Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Location: Chester-Le-Street, Durham
Hours: 40 hours per week
Main Duties of the Registered Manager:
- Perform the functions of the Registered Manager as set by Fostering Services Regulations 2011 (2013 Amendment) and the National Minimum Standards 2011.
- Supervise, manage and appraise the performance of staff as required, addressing under-performance in line with and supported by organisational HR capability procedures.
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive written records of all work undertaken.
- Ensure the ongoing recruitment, training and supervision of foster carers across the region.
- Provide supervision and consultation to foster carers when required to do so.
- Ensure the child's care plan is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the placing authority.
- Provide management consultation and supervision to staff on issues arising out of office hours.
- Liaise with local authorities regarding service delivery and manage responses and submissions to tendering, preferred provider and other commissioning processes and arrangements.
- Ensure the financial viability of offices in the region and ensure the region has a current, active business plan.
- Planning of marketing strategy in respect of recruitment of foster carers.
- Undertake required H&S at Work tasks as and when required and ensure regular local tasks are undertake by senior administrator.
- Undertake any other duties which may be appropriate, dependent upon the Post Holder's areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded by the post held.
Responsibilities of the Registered Manager:
- Manage the provision of fostering and social work services across the region.
- Develop the fostering service and increase the number of fostering households and placements across the region.
- Safeguarding of children and young people in placement and information related to same.
- Ensure the implementation of the Fostering Services Regulations 2011, the National Minimum Standards for Fostering and Futures for Children's own policies and procedures within the region.
- Forge and maintain relationships with local authority customers.
- Attend management meetings.
- Inform the Senior Management Team of all significant developments across the region.
Requirements of the Registered Manager:
- At least two years' experience relevant to fostering within the last five years
At least one years' experience supervising and managing professional staff.
Sound knowledge of current Fostering Services legislation and National Minimum Standards.
- Extensive knowledge of Child Protection/Safeguarding practice and procedures including the Ofsted notification process.
- Knowledge of theory and practice relating to social work with children and families.
- Experience of supervising professional staff.
- Thorough knowledge of the expectations of the HCPC Code of Conduct.
- Management level qualification or working towards. You will be required to undertake the Ofsted Fit Person process.
- Social work qualification (Degree, DipSW, etc.)
- Registration to Health & Care Professions Council.
- Current UK driving licence fully insured for business use or access to vehicle for work purposes.
- Working knowledge of Charms database.
- Previous experience of working within a fostering setting.
- Experience of planning a marketing strategy in respect of the recruitment of foster carers.
- Knowledge and experience of reporting on essential H&S tasks within an office.
Benefits of becoming the Registered Manager:
- A pension scheme to which the company contributes up to 5% after a qualifying period.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus Statutory Bank Holidays.
- Private Health Care
- Mileage rate of 45p per mile payable for business miles.
- HCPC registration fee paid in full across the year.
- Fully subsidised Tastecard and Tastecard+. This is not a benefit in kind.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Registered Manager, then please apply now!