Job provided by Web Recruit
Share this job on social:
About the job
Crisis & Humanitarian Lead
Our client fights the causes of poverty on an international scale through the use of data to help drive sustainable development and the allocation of finance and resources to the right areas at the right time.
They are working to end poverty, increase the resilience of the world’s most vulnerable people and ensure no one is left behind. They believe that changes are needed, both within and beyond humanitarian financing and they’re committed to providing a clear evidence base to make this happen.
As such, they’re looking for a Crisis & Humanitarian Lead to join them and provide leadership for their humanitarian financing and crisis-related portfolio of work.
- Salary of up to £50,000 per annum
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme with 5% contribution
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and sick pay policies
- Casual dress code
- Offices just five minutes from Temple Meads train station
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for a cause that addresses poverty or helps vulnerable people
- Buy/sell holiday scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and discretionary paid time off at Christmas
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a pivotal role in our client’s organisation and make sure that every penny is targeted toward those most in need.
You will have the chance to make a positive impact on a well-regarded, innovative and exciting portfolio of work and contribute to some prestigious work, including the GHA (Global Humanitarian Assistance) report.
As the Crisis & Humanitarian Lead, you’ll oversee the delivery of our client’s humanitarian portfolio of work, as well as their research and analysis outputs.
Joining the Research & Analysis Team, you will:
- Oversee your direct reports
- Manage the delivery of the GHA report and developing its content
- Develop the vision and work plan for financing and humanitarian crisis funding-related work
- Manage the delivery of humanitarian consultancy projects
- Provide quality assurance for projects in your department
- Represent our client’s work externally at a senior level to decision-makers and other stakeholders
To join our client as a Crisis & Humanitarian Lead, you will need:
- Experience of managing multiple complex projects in different locations
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Report writing and data analysis experience
- High level engagement skills
- An understanding of the international political and policy context
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a subject relating to international development or economics
Previous experience of working in a country during a humanitarian crisis would be beneficial to your application.
They’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Humanitarian Project Manager, Programme Manager, Programme Delivery Manager or Senior Humanitarian Policy Advisor.
Those who have worked as a Research Project Manager, Data Analysis Project Manager, Senior Data Analyst or Lead Data Analyst are also encouraged to apply.
The closing date is the 18th March 2019.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and, in line with their policies, they aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
So, if you’re looking to do something great with your career as a Crisis & Humanitarian Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.