Job provided by Randstad
Share this job on social:
About the job
Are you a qualified art teacher?
Could you help SEN students to express themselves through art?
Do you have experience teaching students with challenging behaviour?
If you have these skills then this is definitely the role for you!
A lovely specialised school in Burgess Hill is looking for a dedicated and passionate Art teacher to fill a fulltime maternity contract starting from the 18th of March 2019. This school is well known for its unique approach to learning and is constantly focusing on the development of students and the school. The school supports students who have Social, Emotional and Behaviour difficulties: you will be teaching in their primary and secondary unit.
Team days and events
Free hot meals
A unique teaching approach
Supportive management and staff
Opportunities for career progress
Benefits for working with Randstad:
- Dedicated consultants 24/7 (on call) with experience working in education
- Free career advice
- Continuous support and guidance throughout your career
- The opportunity to choose your work pattern
- Salary negotiation support
- Market advice
- Exclusive jobs
- Advice and feedback on your current CV
- Nurturing keen interest in arts and crafts activities
- Inspiring creativity and imagination.
- Demonstrating an interest in working with EBD students
- Demonstrating a secure knowledge of your subject and the openmindedness to try a handson approach
- Creating a challenging and stimulating classroom climate that will motivate pupils to learn, think independently, take risks, empathise with others, and perform to the best of their abilities
- Being aware of the learning needs of the pupils you teach and ensuring that each pupil is given every opportunity to fulfil his/her potential
Key skills and experience needed:
- QTS (desirable but not essential)
- Teaching experience in SEND settings
- Previous support work with EBD students
- A firm presence and strong behavioural management skills
- A professional, proactive, engaging and empathetic manner
- An enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Good classroom management skills
- A thorough knowledge of the curriculum
Are these skills that you feel you have? Do you feel that this is the role for you? Then do not miss out of this amazing opportunity and apply today as interviews are currently being held.
For more information about this role contact Stine (pronounced Steena) Hansen on ##### ######or email #####@######.### for details about the role.
We have an array of positions in Sussex, Surrey and Brighton/Hove which may also be of interest to you, both with an immediate start and a September 2019 start.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process, including an enhanced DBS check.