Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: Competitive Salary plus benefits
Do you hold a strong background within Design Engineering? Are you looking for a career within a forward thinking, dynamic and growing company where you can truly make a difference? If you are then this is a fantastic opportunity and the Design team based at their office in Braintree. With responsibility for the designing and reviewing of Electrical designs up to 33kV from initial budget design to operational handover this role is instrumental in ensuring successful delivery of Residential and Commercial Electricity infrastructure projects. The Design Engineer will ensure that designs are technically and commercially compliant, whilst delivered within agreed timescales and offering the high level of customer service that their reputation is built on.
- Delivering and reviewing electricity infrastructure designs, from budget mark-up to successful delivery.
- Ensuring designs are technically and commercially compliant and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Review of external design elements.
- Offer full design support to Clients, Business Development, Technical and Operations teams.
- Act as a strong interface between internal Technical and Operations teams, ensuring open and thorough communication channels.
- Obtain relevant IDNO and DNO approvals.
- Provide a high, maintained level of customer service at all times to both internal and external clients.
Who we are looking for;
- Candidate must hold a relevant Engineering Degree, ideally with a further technical qualification, i.e IEng or CEng.
- Experienced in the design/planning of DNO and IDNO network & substation design and earthing.
- Knowledge of diversion impact and solutions to DNO Networks.
- Knowledge of the ENA's G81 documents.
- Preconstruction and feasibility knowledge within utilities sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with a proven ability to find solutions with a proactive approach.
- Be able to demonstrate strong technical reporting skills.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, WinDEBUT or similar software.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Strong problem solving skills with a proven ability to find solutions in a proactive manner.
What we can offer;
In return they can offer you genuine career potential and progression. With a strong focus on training and development they will provide you all the tools you need to be successful within your career and carve a bright future with them. Our client also offer competitive benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance, pension scheme, subsidized Gym membership, half day on your birthday and much more! If you feel you have the skills, experience and attitude they are looking for and want to be part of a forward thinking, dynamic company then please apply now.Closing date is the 17th March 2019
Our client and its subsidaries are an equal opportunities employer, and they value diversity and promote equality across all of their businesses. Our client welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.