Job provided by Priory Education and Children's Services
Share this job on social:
About the job
Inspire Others, Build your Career, and Get £500*
Our ambitious and energetic colleagues help make our company what it is and we are looking for more people who have got what it takes.
The environments we work in can be challenging so the people that join us need to have a passion for the work we do and be strong role models for the young people we support.
Because we want you to get off to the best start with us we are giving you an extra £250 to you when you first start with us, and then when you are settled in in 6 months' time we will give you an extra £250 for your hard work.
Where you'll be working
Our Children's Home is situated between Mildenhall and Lakenheath, in the Forest Health District which boarders onto Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. It's a 5 bedded home for males and females aged 8-18 with EBD primary diagnoses, with other complex needs associated. The home seeks to provide a safe and understanding ethos in which the young person can be assisted to address their behaviours and to take responsibility for their own actions. The emphasis of the work is by way of intervention and to challenge the inappropriate behaviour through a holistic therapeutic approach.
Our Support Worker roles in Mildenhall offer a salary of: £7.94 - £9.55 (£16,110.88 - £18,426 per annum) & up to £2,100 sleep-in allowance.
As a Support Worker you'll be doing the following:
- Be the young person's champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviours are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Support young people in daily activities include family contacts, shopping, outdoor and indoor activities, and community youth groups, promoting independence and social behaviour.
- Support and encourage educational engagement
- Safeguard both young people and the general public.
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies
Children, Young People & Families Practitioner Level 4 (previously Diploma Level 3) qualification desirable but not essential for this role.
Due to the location of the Home, you would need to be a driver and have your own car.
A family is 24/7 and so are we. We use a rota system to ensure the people in our homes get the care they need.
As a Support Worker, in our home you can expect the following shifts as our general pattern: 15 hour shift, starting at 0800 finishing at 2300 with a possible sleep in attached so finishing at 0830 following morning. Over the roster period you work 11 shifts having 17 days off.
Priory Group now offer a Career Pathway to all of our employees that allows you to build your skills and plan for your future career, find out more by following the link:
You can also share your journey using #priorycareers
The other benefits you'll get when you join us:
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- SMART Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension option
To apply, just click the link below. Our application form captures information to help keep children safe so thank you for taking the time to complete it.
If you have questions and want to find out more call or email Nicki Ablett #####@######.### or ##### ######option 2.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children's Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.