Senior Ecologist - Oxfordshire
£28,000 - £34,000
Our Client is a well-established Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy who advise the development sector on environmental risk. They aim to provide sound pragmatic environmental/ecological advice to minimise their clients exposure to risk and delays to programme. They are now looking for a Senior Ecologist to join their team in Oxfordshire.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage ecological projects from inception to completion, providing pragmatic advice to their existing client base. Ecological work will include fieldwork, assessment and development of ecological reports, management plans and licence applications.
Good interpersonal skills are required and the ability to work and integrate into a small and busy team. Candidate must have proven experience and hold a bat licence.
The majority of projects are typically in the South East of England but works extend throughout the UK. So a willingness to travel and have a clean driving licence and own car is essential (although a company vehicle is available and employees are encouraged to use it wherever possible).
Preference for 5 or more years relevant experience. Salary will be commensurate with experience and calibre of candidate.
Successful candidates will ideally have:
- At least 5 years experience working in the commercial sector.
- Must hold a current bat licence.
- Must have a degree in a relevant discipline.
- Ideally have proven experience of managing junior staff.
- Be a proven Phase 1 habitat and protected species surveyor.
- Experience of producing and implementing protected species development licence applications.
- Experience of designing and implementing ecological mitigation.
- Have a clean driving licence and car owner.
- Proven experience of managing contractors during site clearance and demolition.
In return, the company are offering an excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience. They also offer a generous pension scheme and numerous other additional benefits.
Posted 54 days ago