Job provided by Sitec
Share this job on social:
About the job
Sitec has a requirement for a Mechanical Architect for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months. The max rate of pay is up to £38.00 p/hr (DOE)
- Management of the Satellite accommodation and Structure verification, Mechanical subsystems (including structure, mechanism, booms) both In house and subcontractor.
- Team management of thermal and propulsion Architects plus dynamic analysis and drawing office personnel the Architect will have to give guidance to CAD operators in order to generate drawing and documents for satellite integration. The Architect will also have to interface with Integration and Verification to resolve problems as necessary.
- Preparation and evaluation of test plans and test reports.
- Maintenance of data base of equipment mechanical qualification status.
- Airbus Defence and Space has separate departments and specialists in the power, communication, instrument and payload design, product assurance and quality assurance, electronics, stress and fatigue analysis, but the Mechanical Architect requires an awareness of these disciplines.
- Presentation of the Satellite architecture to the Customers with the use of presentations and format design review packs and meetings.
- To agree and accept the test results from various phases of the build both Subsystem and Spacecraft and where necessary defend these at Customer Delivery Reviews.
- Management of the mechanical analysis team during satellite level environmental testing including liaison to Customer, Launcher Service provider, Test Facilities and Project Management.
- Management of schedule and cost using company software and the Management of in house subcontract costs.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Architect.
- Proven capability and experience within a mechanical test environment.
- Strong knowledge of lightweight aerospace structures, tools and materials to deliver structural concept, design verification and test of structural design to show fitness for purpose.
- PC skills, word, excel, access, other software of benefit (e.g. FEM, Nastran).
- Strong experience in customer (internal & external) management with strong and persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
- Good leadership and communications skills at all levels are required.
Education & Training
- Degree in Maths/Physics/Mechanical or Aerodynamic Engineering or relevant experience in lieu
Please note there may be occasional ad hoc travel to other UK sites will be part of the role
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.