Speech and Language Therapy Manager
City of London, London
£42000 - £45000 per annum + Expenses
The Lead SLT is responsible for the management of the SLT service, delivery of effective evidencebased Speech and Language Therapy across all services including educating/training others in
identifying, assessing and managing dysphagia.
This will include:
* To oversee, and further develop, the provision of an evidencebased SLT service in collaboration with multidisciplinary clinical teams adhering to professional standards at all times
* Manage and prioritise a complex SLT case load of adult clients with communication and swallowing difficulties arising from learning difficulties and/ or mental illhealth
* Support the transfer and discharge of clients on caseload
* Provide specialist assessment for clients with complex communication needs
* Attend assessments for new admissions where there is a clear communication need in order to facilitate assessment and potential transition
Experience of the Adult Learning Disabilities & Mental Health sector is essential.
* You will be dysphagia trained.
* You will have experience of managing a and supervising others.
* You will have a recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree or equivalent qualification.
* Yow will be a registered member of HCPC with a license to practice.
* You will be a Registered member of RCSLT
* 3 years plus post graduate experience working in learning disabilities.
* Additional training is desirable, for example, Makaton, Talking Mats, PECS.
* Must be flexible to travel to services in London and surrounding areas
* A competitive salary
* 33 Days annual leave entitlement
* Free of charge mandatory training
* Enhanced DBS cost covered
* Comprehensive induction based on the Care Certificate
* Support from our Employee Assistance Program
* Membership of employer contribution pension fund
Interested? Please respond with an updated CV to be considered or for more information, please contact Kelly on 0121 362 2315
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Coordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.
Posted 39 days ago