Job provided by Zoek
Share this job on social:
About the job
Established Building Consultancy are looking to expand their team with an additional a Building Surveyor to be based in their Hampshire office.
Ideally, candidates will meet the following criteria for the position:-
- BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or equivalent
- MRICS Recently Chartered Building Surveyor (candidates with over 2 years of experience currently undertaking their APC and due to sit final assessment within 12 months will be considered)
- A minimum of two years' experience working within a similar organisation and role
- Previous exposure to and demonstration of good working relationship with clients, both private and internally within the business
- General Building Surveying skills including dilapidations, survey reports, technical due diligence, specification writing for repairs, refurbishment and maintenance projects
- Clear technical writing abilities and effective communication skills
- Organised, diligent, assertive with a commercially minded outlook
- A team player with a positive attitude befitting the role of a professional Building Surveyor within a dynamic property consultancy
The individual will be part of a small team of building surveyors operating predominantly in the Solent and surrounding areas. Full clean driving licence required.
Main responsibilities will be to provide building surveying technical support to a range of external clients, including referral work from internal departments within the business, achieving successful outcomes for both.
The role will cover the full spectrum of building surveying services, including the full range of commercial survey work, advisory reports, design and specification, contract administration, dilapidations and negotiations. Experience in commercial property dilapidations is essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage workload, individual fee income, to report back to the Head of Building Consultancy and further chains of management within the company.
All fee earning staff are encouraged to take part in active business development activities and cross selling of the business and to represent the company in a professional manner.
A competitive package will be on offer based on qualifications and experience.