Job provided by Kingdom Services Group Limited
Share this job on social:
About the job
Environmental Protection Support Officer - to cover the Dartford and Bexley areas.
If you care about your local environment, then this is the job for you!
Previous experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of Environmental Protection Officers.
You will be required to provide a full five-year checkable employment history and be willing to undergo a DBS.
The role of an Environmental Protection Support Officer is to limit the incidences of dog fouling, littering.
Whilst raising awareness, promoting a more responsible approach to our environment and educating the local community are all means of reducing instances of littering and dog fouling there will always be those who refuse to alter their behaviour. The enforcement powers of the wardens enable them to prosecute individuals for littering and dog fouling. Fixed penalty notices can also be issued to offenders who are caught allowing their dogs to foul and not removing the waste or failing to dispose of their litter in a correct manner.
- A calm and assertive manner with the ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds.
- A resilient character, as some interaction with the offenders, can occasionally be confrontational.
- Ability to defuse hostile situations professionally.
- Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and on your own; or as part of the team.
- Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather patterns.
This will involve working in line with the relevant local authority's deployment strategy and issuing fixed penalty notices to offenders, in contravention of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and policing act 2014.
Examples of our fantastic colleague welfare includes: -
Great people management
Pension and real time access, includes Perkbox (a bunch of freebies)
A real career pathway
Professional development training / via Skills centre
Company award scheme
Awards & Commendations
Colleague Zone web portal
At Kingdom we take pride in our ability to develop our employees beyond their starting role within the company. Working in partnership with Skill Centre we will make sure you meet all the requirements for your role as well as using existing funding programmes to open up a whole host of career opportunities for you. The qualifications on offer include courses such as First Aid, Customer Services, Team Leading and Conflict Management to name but a few and you will be supported on your training journey with access to the latest e-learning software and equipment.