London, Greater London, England
Rate dependent on site worked at.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Relief Receptionist to conduct all aspects of reception and administration duties across several busy front of house receptions in the London area.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will be providing a first-class front of house service.
Work hours: Minimum of 45 - 50 hours per week, various possible shifts, 07.00 - 16.00, 08.00 - 17.00, 08.30 - 17.30, 10.00 - 19.00, 08.00 - 18.00, 13.00 - 20.00, 07.00 - 15.00. 07.00 - 19.00, 08.00 - 17.30.
Pay rate: £10.00 - £12.00 per hour dependent on site worked at.
To be considered for this position, you will need:
- A full five year checkable employment history
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible approach
- IT skills, good working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous Reception experience, good customer service and an ability to stay calm under pressure
- Positive, professional and approachable person
- Good organisation and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Maintaining a positive and professional environment in which to receive guests
- Ensuring that every 'service user' is greeted positively and professionally
- Ensuring that all occupier specific protocols are followed and that Guests are directed appropriately
- Issuing visitor passes and ensuring that visitors are signed in and out
- Responding promptly and professionally to internal and external telephone calls and emails and handle effectively to a satisfactory conclusion
- Ability to multitask under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality of work
- Liaise with the facilities department on fault reporting
- Liaise with Housekeeping to ensure the reception environment is effectively maintained
- A range of general administrative duties are included within this role
Any other duties that could be reasonably expected
Examples of our fantastic colleague welfare includes: -
- Great people management
- Pension and real time access, includes Perkbox (a bunch of freebies)
- A real career pathway
- Professional development training/ via Skills Centre
- Company award scheme
- Awards & Commendations
- Colleague Zone web portal
At Kingdom we take pride in our ability to develop our employees beyond their starting role within the company. Working in partnership with Skill Centre we will make sure you meet all the requirements for your role as well as using existing funding programmes to open up a whole host of career opportunities for you. The qualifications on offer include courses such as First Aid, Customer Services, Team Leading and Conflict Management to name but a few and you will be supported on your training journey with access to the latest e-learning software and equipment.
Posted 49 days ago