Job provided by Search Consultancy
Share this job on social:
About the job
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
JOIN AN AWARDWINNING MAIN CONTRACTOR
With a 30+ year successful trading history this Main Contractor has grown from a small regional contractor to multimillion pound business operating across the UK. With a current turnover close to £100M and a strong pipeline of secured work the business is continuing to grow and has a clear line of sight to future expansion. The company prides itself on quality, both in the delivery and standard of its build projects but also in the relationships it forms both internally and externally with clients, sub contractors and suppliers.
The company undertakes a broad range of projects including commercial, retail and leisure, industrial and logistics and residential. More recently they have consistently proved their capability in the successful delivery of various main contracting projects. The role is for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the project team taking commercial responsibility for multiple projects valued up to £5M£20M.
Key Duties & responsibilities for this role include:
Manages the Commercial team to deliver company objectives, and is a sounding board/seen as
a source of information for other members of the wider QS team.
- Prepares and monitors the project Commercial Plan, Workload/Cashflow with the Project Team.
- Assesses any opportunity/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the
business/project. Implements actions to minimise/eradicate risk or enhance/increase
- Negotiate with Clients representatives and other consultants on all matters within realm of
expertise. Where issues are outside of Commercial field, able to understand and succinctly
provide input to wider team to enable resolution.
- Effectively represents the companys interests in meetings and via any other methods of
- Ensures all appointed SubContractors are part of companys supply chain and accord with
companys Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Fully understands the Main Contract procedures and conditions of the scheme & communicates
the main provisions to Commercial and wider project teams.
- Ability to analyse, respond and resolve subcontractors EoT/L&E claims.
- All Quantity Surveying duties including measurement, valuation and agreement of work
- Monitors progress on site, including subcontractors progress is to programme.
- Ensures all information is received and compiled for the asbuilt and maintenance files in
accordance with the Contract.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate professional qualifications and/or equivalent degree in surveying
- Management experience of working on project values up to £20M
- A thorough understanding of technical detailing, tendering process and building regulations
- You ability to establish and grow strong and successful relationships with project, technical and construction teams
This role will be attractive to you if you have a clear career path to date and want this to continue in a company committed to your development both on a professional and personal basis where your commercial skill, work ethic and results will be recognised and will lead to further opportunity within the company
To apply for this role please send your latest CV. Or to find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation about your career please apply today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.