Junior System Engineer
Swindon, Gloucestershire, England
up to £25K per annum
Junior System Engineer
Salary: up to £25K per annum
Hours of Work: standard working hours
About the Company:
Bell Integration provides support and expertise to its customers within the 'Run the business' arena by delivering global managed services that effectively manage infrastructure, applications, content and people to a defined outcome.
This role is for a Junior System Engineer within the Resource Services' technical resource pool, providing IT support services, predominantly based on customer sites.
Junior System Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to Bell's customers to achieve continuous customer satisfaction
- To operate within the OLA/SLAs defined by the customer to ensure agreed levels of service are met.
- Troubleshoot problems at the deskside working in a timely manner to meet agreed service levels to resolution or escalate to the appropriate team.
- To maintain and continuously develop existing technical skills to ensure that they remain current with the latest technology/operating systems/applications/hardware.
- To work well within a team environment, by providing strong communications, technical expertise, acting on appropriate instruction, acceptance of constructive feedback and taking ownership for apportioned workload.
- To work at the directive of your line manager to deliver a specific task, group of tasks or ad hoc projects appropriate to your skillset.
Junior System Engineer Requirements:
- Previous Desktop and Laptop builds and deployments or some IT support
- Recording and maintaining asset details
- Experience with building physical and virtual machines
- Familiar with operating systems, such as, but not limited to: Windows 7 - 10
- Handling IT hardware
- Technical troubleshooting in heterogeneous environments
- Experience working with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow
- Knowledge and understanding of working to defined SLAs
- Understanding of IT workflows/ITIL practices
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10 operating system
- Basic understanding of Desktop and Laptop hardware
- A good troubleshooting mentality
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi task, handle high workloads and high call volumes in a busy working environment
- Proactive approach to problem solving and service improvement
- Ability to cross train and pick up different technologies as required
- Ability to liaise effectively with users and other support team members
- Demonstrable experience in the following technologies:
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
- Ability to handle day-to-day technical issues, including but not limited to:
- Printer issues
- Performance issues with user devices
- Hardware fixes and warranty management
- Installs, moves and changes
- Ability to support and deal with all types of users across a wide spectrum of capability and seniority.
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Junior Systems Engineer role, please apply now!
Posted 56 days ago