Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Class 1 Driver (Nights)
Location: Featherstone, WF7 6EP
Salary: £31,040 based on a 50 hour week
Hours of Work: 18:00 - 06:00, Overtime available
Who are we?
Bibby Distribution Ltd has been operating under the Bibby Line Group umbrella since 1985 servicing household names from our 70 locations across the UK.
Our vehicle fleet includes 370 artics, 230 rigids and 1500 trailers operating from several million square feet of warehousing which provide employment for around 2,000 people. A planned policy of growth and development seeks to see this figure increase continually, through organic growth and selective acquisition.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to the health, safety, welfare, training and development of all our colleagues along with our excellent benefits package that is offered to all employees.
What is the role?
Due to expansion, Bibby Distribution currently have excellent opportunities at our Featherstone Depot for an experienced Class 1 (C&E) qualified driver. This role requires heavy lifting and is also a manual, hands on role.
You should be able to fully demonstrate a high level of driving competence and have a flexible approach to your work. Undertaking the delivery / collection of products on behalf of Bibby Distribution Limited and its customers.
Class 1 Driver Responsibilities:
- Manual work required
- Moving cages and using tail lifts
- To ensure that all company Health & Safety policies are adhered to by you and others at all times.
- Ensure all aspects safety and customer site rules are adhered to.
- Responsible for the security of any products carried whilst in transit.
- To drive defensively and fuel efficiently at all times.
- Ensuring all delivery and collection notes and paperwork are correct.
- Provide accurate paperwork relevant to debriefing of allocated jobs.
- Ensuring all transport legislation including driver's hours and vehicle defect reporting is adhered to.
- Provide an exceptional standard of service to our customers.
- To adopt a proactive approach to ensure all issues concerns and improvements are communicated to all parties in a timely manner.
- To carry out any other reasonable request as detailed by the Transport Management Team.
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and wear Uniform and any PPE provided
- Requirement to manually self-load and unload throughout shift
Class 1 Driver Benefits:
- Full Uniform;
- Tax-free Allowances;
- 20 days paid holiday entitlement plus bank holidays;( may be required to work some bank holidays)
- Overtime available
- Free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children;
- Extensive discount and savings scheme on thousands of high street stores and travel providers;
- Drivers Medicals reimbursed;
- Online access to your payslips, holiday bookings and other personal information;
- Virtual GP surgery and private prescription service;
- Online health assessment;
- Physiotherapy Triage;
- Cash rewards for long service, dedication to values and nominate a colleague scheme;
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with O2;
- Payroll giving and match funding on charity fundraising for all employees.
Class 1 Driver Requirements:
- Current and valid LGV Licence.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience.
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers' hours regulations and Tachograph law is essential; as is the ability to work with minimum supervision, DCPC hours essential.
- Good communication & organisational skills.
Please note, offers to all new starters of the company will be subject to pre-employment medical checks (Inc. Drug & Alcohol Tests) and a Pre-employment driving assessment.
If you meet the Class 1 Driver requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!